Hello Golden Valley Families,
We hope that you have had some time to digest the news of the school closure and start making contingency plans for the daytime care of your children in the upcoming weeks (GVRS will be closed to students from March 16 – April 13). Golden Valley will be in communication with you as we receive further updates from the districts and state.
Please keep in mind that a school closure is done as a last resort and solely out of necessity. (Both Placer and Sacramento County have canceled school for all districts.) Here are some things to keep in mind while we navigate this new territory.
- Practice every day preventative measures to stay healthy.
- Know the signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you or your child is sick, contact your physician and follow their advice.
- If you, a family member, or your child is diagnosed with COVID-19 by a physician, contact the Central Office.
- Practice social distancing as much as you are able.
- Meetings are planned for staff Monday morning to address continuing to deliver a quality education to your children.
- If your child participates in the meal program through SJUSD, there are multiple locations where they can pick up two daily meals beginning on Tuesday, March 17. Where school meals in Sacramento region are available during coronavirus closures.
- Stay calm. The newness of the situation makes this scary but we’re going to get through it.
- Golden Valley has made this decision because we care about your children, you, and the greater community.
Caleb Buckley, EdD